Friday, July 31, 2009

Happy Birthday Granny Vi!


My aunt Sara's mom (my Granny through marriage), Violet White turned 99 years old on July 30th. She was born in Ireland and had one brother and three sister-she is the last one living. She is amazing; while her body is not as agile as it used to be, her mind is sharp as a tack. She also is very good at bossing people around and at 99 gets away with it!

We went over in the morning to bring her cards, gifts and a birthday cake. I've never seen so many cards for one person's birthday in my life and perhaps at 99 I'll receive that many :)
We went over and had our dinner with her and lit the candles on her cake(no, not 99!) and had champagne and cake for our dessert. Being a bit jet lagged, I was nodding off but we all had a great time. We plan to have a family dinner party for her on Sunday at Jenn's house in Lenark

Sara and I are staying with her sister, Jenn, in Lanark which is in the Clyde Valley(Dale)-(where the Clydesdale horses where developed) and is approximately 20 miles south of Glasgow. It's a lovely area and I explored the local area on my run this morning.

2 comments:

  1. Here's to Granny and you! We are enjoying your blog so much! I feel like I am with you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you arrived safely. Sara's mom looks great at 99 years old! We can only wish that we are so lucky. Get some rest and start the week out exploring! Say hi to Sara for me and thank her again for lunch! xoxoxo Lori

    ReplyDelete