Thursday, July 30, 2009

A long day of travel

I started out Tuesday morning from San Diego at about 11:00 am. I had a long layover in Denver but my friend, Jeanne, came to meet me and we had a nice lunch and a great time catching up. I had about 5 hours before my international flight but after 3 hours delay due to our original plane having mechanically difficulties (best not to get on that one!) and then more delays while waiting for another plane and torrential downpour in Denver we finally boarded and were off.....8 hours later!

The good news was that I got upgraded to business class after having the very thought earlier in the day how nice it would be to be in first class on a transatlantic flight.........I was VERY happy with business class.
The bad news was that since we were delayed so long, I missed my connecting flight to Glasgow and was re-booked on the next flight so now so bad.
I slept 11 hours last night and overall feel good, a bit groggy but that's to be expected.

I have arrived!





No comments:

Post a Comment