Tuesday, July 28, 2009

"Here's to the First day of the rest of my life!"


Welcome to the first real entry of my travel blog. This will be about my journey as I travel around the world stopping at various places along the way; Scotland, Spain, Italy, Thailand, Bali and New Zealand....who knows were else I may stumble across.

So, here I go! I'm totally sleep deprived with all there is to do with preparing for a trip like this and also so excited to embark on this journey that I've truly been thinking about since my house sold last September. It took some time to get to the point of where I am now......leaving the country and really making this happen.

So first, I should explain the "Antoinette" Some of you may know that my given name is Antoinette. I've always loved the name but let's face it, when your in kindergarden or first grade that is a mouth full! I was having dinner last May with my aunt and uncle and we discussed how I could re-create myself as "Antoinette" on this journey especially since people I will meet won't know me as "Toni" so that will be easier. Hopefully I can remember to introduce myself as Antoinette(let alone spell it)

So, I should be off but will back up a bit in later entries to fill you all in on my life the past 6 weeks.
Tune in! Love and Peace

9 comments:

  1. Antoinette!!! Blessings on your journey and cheers to rediscovering yourself! Love ya, Marissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure "ma" is smiling from above at the thought of you going by the lovely name she gave you at birth...

    XOXO KrisAnne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always loved your given name. It matches you - beautiful! Then again Toni works just fine for me. Hopefully you can grab a couple of zzzz's on the way to Scotland. With such excitement if maybe hard to relax for awhile. I couldn't figure out why you sold your house - you seemed so happy when you bought it. Now we all know! WOW!! Heavy Duty Adventure!! luv you girl! richard

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Toni, I have occasionally called you Antoinette with love many times over the years, and I know everyone you meet is going to love having a new friend like you in their life! Soak up each adventure and enjoy the quiet peace you find in each place, too...I am so excited to share your trip through this blog...thank you so much. Happy trails, I love you!! ~Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get me a Scottish kilt or at least a Scottish Lass, good journey.......lively steps, a tall sky and good beer....take care love DAD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Antoinette, Enjoy your adventure, I'll be following your blog the whole time. I will be making my own life change in 3 short months. You give my great inspiration. We are truly blessed! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my Antoinette,
    What a beautiful name and a beautiful way to start your journey.
    Sending love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best wishes, Antoinette! I'm so excited for you. Love the Torrey Pines photo. Cheers! Chris

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your very brave. And Scotland one place I've always wanted to go to.

    ReplyDelete