Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Wedding


One of the main reasons I started off in Scotland was to witness my cousins, Katrina, marriage to Mike who have been together for 20 years and have two boys together; Alec and Andrew. So, why get married after being together for 20 years? Why not! I supposed they figure they have a fairly solid relationship after all that history together..

The wedding was held on August 22, 2009 in Toon, Scotland (very popular golfing area as you golfers probably know) at a place called “Hill House” This is a wonderful house with about twelve bedrooms or more and a great place for a small wedding. Everything took place on the property and most of the guests-all 26 of them-stayed right there at “Hill House” We had a fabulous day of lots of eating, drinking and socializing…….oh yes and a bit of dancing!

Contrary to what I’ve said about all the rain in Scotland we were blessed with a glorious day and were able to have the ceremony outside in the beautiful gardens. We had a luncheon prior to the ceremony then afterwards appetizers and a wonderful meal of smoked salmon, lamb chops, vegetables and an array of mouth watering desserts as well as wedding cake!

I will post a number of photos for those interested although I understand not wanting to look at all of the 233 that I took so I’ll spare you that.

Off to the south of France a couple of days after the wedding! More on that soon.

2 comments:

  1. Darling if I didn't know better I would say you were a Bond Girl! Smashing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you just have to be driving that car to really make your vision board come true!

    ReplyDelete