Friday, August 28, 2009

The French know how to live!

Could I live in France? In the South of France.....definitely! Except my French is worse then my Spanish. I loved my short period of time there and felt so relaxed. We left Scotland on the Monday after the wedding and drove down to Dover, England-yes, the white cliffs of Dover-and took a ferry the next day into Calais, France where we trading the car in for a "normal" car and driving was much easier then. We drove around Paris and could even see the Eiffel Tower and I decided I need to get back to Paris at least for a long weekend. Anyone want to meet me there?? We stayed the night in a lovely hotel along a river in a town called Olivet and had an amazing typical French meal-too much of it but was it good!

We arrived to Le Vigan which is quite near Nimes which I was told that denim for jeans was made/created.We were actually staying with friends near a small village called Mandagout which if you blinked you would miss it. There we relaxed into 2 1/2 days(not near enough time but great) where we eat outside every meal, feasted on vegetable and fruits of the garden, drank plenty of French wine and enjoyed very minute. Our hosts, Christine and David where wonderful. We had some funny times and the posted photos show Sara and David fending off very large buzzing insects. You had to have been there but believe me it was funny(sorry Sara, I just had to do it). We went to a French market and that was a real treat.


Yet........another fabulous meal out for my early birthday celebration at a fabulous restaurant nearby. I enjoyed a few runs and a great hike with my friend Anna and felt truly rejuvenated. Ready for Spain!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday tomorrow, Toni! LOVE reading about your trip. Have a special day tomorrow - although sounds like every day is now! Rock on...
    I did a 65 mile bike ride yesterday - AMAZING!
    Love you
    Amy Houlihan

    ReplyDelete