Sunday, November 15, 2009

Italy


So the rest of my time in Italy was primarily in Rome and that is a fantastic city. They is so much history and I was staying with a friend, Mariella, and her husband, Silvano while I was in Rome. Mariella is a tour guide so what better person to take one to the Vatican museum, Sistine chapel and Saint Peter's church. Mariella is a wealth of knowledge and I learned so much about Roman history in a few hours then I ever knew before. the Colosseum was spectacular as well as the Roman forum. These are some of the well known sites but there are also some great plazas and fountains....you can see for yourself by looking at the photos.

I had the pleasure to meet the cousins, Laura, Francesca, and Marco,of my aunts friend, Julie, while in Italy as well. We had a nice night out walking along the ancient streets of Trastevere and stopping to enjoy some Italian wine and tasty Italian cheeses. We enjoyed a nice dinner and did a driving tour of some of the other areas around Rome.

Rome has so much to offer and see and I feel like a touched the surface. After all, I did throw coins in the the Trevi fountain with they say means you will one day return to Rome.
Photos at: www.picasaweb.google.com/tonibodeau/Italy

2 comments:

  1. Hola Antoinette de Chile! I loved reading about your travels as it brought back alot of memories from when I travelled and lived in Europe. I hiked in Patagonia these last couple of days. Awesome! I´ll have to learn how to post my photos when I return to the states. I just met an Italian guy tonight here at the hostal. Wow, do I love that accent! Maybe an Italian man is the way to go for you! Tenga un buen viaje! Ciao, Ciao. Pami

    ReplyDelete
  2. Si, por favor, get yourself an Italian man that has a large enough villa, farm, or winery that we could all come and hang out. I think Pam is on to something. Forget the next life.....how about we shoot for retiring there in this life????
    Ciao, Deb

    ReplyDelete